MG Tunes

To: "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: MG Tunes
From: missouf@mail.utexas.edu (steffy)
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 16:58:00 -0500 (CDT)
>How do you make a 25 or 30 year old car relevant to someane in their teensx
>or twenties? I autocrossed the B a couple of times this year. Had a great time
>trying to go fast with relativly little risk to myself or others. However
>there
>were never more than 2 or 3 MG's or tr***ph's running.

Hey, wait a minute.  The problem isn't the youth of America -- my car and I
are (quite proudly) the same age.  I have a blast driving and working on it.

Perhaps the problem is yuppie parents refusing to buy their children cars
that are not practical?  My dad threw a fit when I pressed my case for an MG
over, say, a Ford or something equally non-recognizable ("but reliable").

stephanie
'77 MG Midget ('Ebby')
          Salutation
                              ----Ezra Pound

O generation of the thoroughly smug
         and thoroughly uncomfortable,
I have seen fishermen picnicking in the sun,
I have seen them with untidy families,
I have seen their smiles full of teeth
        and heard ungainly laughter.
And I am happier than you are,