Dieseling?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Dieseling?
From: Misa <misa@global.thinc.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 1994 13:20:36 -0500
Hey, Wiz! It's great to see someone else who drives their MG everyday! I
drive my 76 B roadster every single day, unless it's snowing! My B used
to diesel real bad last summer, but once I tuned it up, it stopped.
Plus, my car actually seems to get worse gas mileage on 93 octane than
it does on 87!! I don't really understand that, but, hey...at least it's
cheaper. And I have the same problem with my fuel gauge. I have to rely
on my trip-o-meter to tell me when I'm about out of gas! So, my guess
would be a delivery problem, not an octane issue. Have you checked your
throttle cable? Mine was old and used to stick. I replaced it when I
tuned the car up last year, but I'm not positive it was the cause of the
dieseling...any thoughts???

:)misa
76 B