Re: Dieseling?

To: misa@global.thinc.net
Subject: Re: Dieseling?
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 1997 07:50:38 EDT
On Sat, 15 Jan 1994 13:20:36 -0500 Misa <misa@global.thinc.net> writes:
"Octane" is a fuel that has a high resistance to knocking in an engine.
"Octane Rating" is used to relate the resistance to knocking to the
Octane fuel.  Somethign in the refining process lowers the BTU (power)
component in the higher octane fuels. Thus, if an engine doesn't need the
higher octane to avoid knocking, it's likely to get better mileage on a
lower-octane fuel.
Bob