Re: Variable idle

To: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Subject: Re: Variable idle
From: Graham McCann <gmccann@pcug.org.au>
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 1997 17:41:48 +1000
At 12:44 am 6/9/97 +0000, Scott Gardner wrote:
>Graham,
>       I'm sure everybody knows the procedure you're referring to, but just
>in case, I should point out that Eric won't get very far spraying
>NON-volatile liquid around the carbs.  Eric, use something volatile
>as heck, such as ether starting fluid.  If you have a vacuum leak in
>your induction system, it will pull the ether into the intake stream
>and cause the idle to go up.
>
>Graham, I know that was certainly a typo, but I could just
>picture Eric happily spraying water on/around his carbs, wondering
>why nothing was happening. ;)
>

>Scott Gardner
>gardner@lwcomm.com
>www.lwcomm.com/~gardner

No it wasn't.  The almost red hot outlet manifold is just beneath the inlet
manifold and anyone who sprays a flammable  fluid in that ares wants to go
into orbit.

Many people use a soap solution for these checks as tell tale bubbles may
appear, even if it is a sucking leak.

Graham
97MGF
Graham McCann  Rivett, ACT. Australia