Re: (NC) mgs@autox.team.net e-mail delay

To: Kai Radicke <mowogmg@pil.net>, "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: (NC) mgs@autox.team.net e-mail delay
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 1997 21:06:19 -0400
Kai Radicke wrote:
> But this is still subject to the number of routers it goes
> thru or hops, the more hops it takes the slower it is.

  The slower the chit-chat is that exchanges mail. However,
when we say slower, any more than 1 second is incredibly
slow. Somehow you seem to think this is the cause of
three day delays.

  (exactly where you think those megs and megs of
bits are stored during routing for three days, you
tell me).

  It's like making a satellite phone call, and getting
a one second delay in speech. It may make it a little
slower to place your order to Rimmer Brothers in
the UK, but we're talking seconds here. It's not like
the route the phone line takes to get to the UK makes
your words get there four days later.

  Look deeper Kai. This isn't grade 8. You can't spend
five minutes reading some web page about a topic and
consider yourself an expert.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada