Re: dwell meter settings

To: gmccann@pcug.org.au
Subject: Re: dwell meter settings
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 21:30:21 +0000
> At 01:42 pm 8/9/97 EDT, ROBERT G. HOWARD wrote:
> > Does anyone know how to calculate dwell settings for contact breaker
> >gap, so we can set the gap more accurately than with feeler gauges?
> > Thanks for the advice, in advance.
> >Bob
> >
> For what it is worth the factory manual specifies the dwell at 51 degrees
> plus or minus 5 degrees for the MGB.  What's wrong with using that?
>
> Graham

Along these lines, can anyone recommend a good dwell meter that will
measure the 60 or so degrees that I'll need to tune a B engine?  I
usually just use the tools at the Hobby shop on base, but for some
reason, theirs only goes up to forty degrees or so.  Is 60 degrees
really high dwell, or do they just have a cheap meter?

Scott Gardner
gardner@lwcomm.com
www.lwcomm.com/~gardner