RE: Fun with Pertronix Ignitor Installation

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Fun with Pertronix Ignitor Installation
From: "Jerry Causey" <reecau@whidbey.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 21:40:46 +0800
I whole-heartedly second everything you say about Skip, but I still wonder why
nearly every Volkswagen shop in Southern California can sell Pertronix kits to
fit a Bug for $49.95 and still make a profit, while most British car shops feel
compelled to charge nearly twice that. Is there some major difference between
the design of a Lucas 4-cylinder distributor and a Bosch 4-cylinder distributor
that I just don't see?

Regards,
Jerry Causey
1967 MGB GT with a GM HEI distributor
1972 VW Type 1 with a Bosch 009 distributor