Re: Suddenly Overheating

Subject: Re: Suddenly Overheating
From: "White, Richard H." <White@courier3.aero.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 11:10:00 -0700
John,  check the spark plugs?  If one or more are very white, like new, you
have water leaking into that cylinder, ie head gasket.  Remove and boil the
therostat to see if it opens, use a thermometer if you have one.  Check the
fan belt for proper tension.  Rare cases have been reported where the
impeller on the pump has come loose with temperature.  Good Luck, Richard