Re: MGB rear-end widths

To: Larry Dickstein <bugide@juno.com>
Subject: Re: MGB rear-end widths
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 23:04:36 +0100
Larry Dickstein wrote:

> Hi Rich-
>         The wire wheel setup is about 3" narrower than the disc wheel
> setup.  And, yes, it is a snap to change all at once as you will want to
> rebush things as you go (Leave it alone, Bob).

C/GT has a wire wheel axle: 46 1/2 inches from the outside of the brake
backing plates.

I seem to have collected a RB-B disc axle: 48 inches from the outside of
the brake backings plates.

I believe the 'C' and 'B' tube axle carriers are interchangeable.

And it's a snap to change if you can bench press 165 greasy pounds with
one arm. Bending new brake lines is a hoot. Buy about a dozen practice
lines.

I'll sell you the RB-B axle for $1 a pound. You pick up. Please.

Bob Allen, '69CGT, '75TR6, '61Elva(?)
"Excuse me but isn't 'People's Princess' an oxymoron?"