RE: 1969 LOW oil pressure

To: James <Jamesjf@usa.net>
Subject: RE: 1969 LOW oil pressure
From: "William C. Mills" <williem@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 22:31:22 -0400
Before you decide for certain that the pressure is gone, check out the oil
sender and gauge.  On my '70 BGT I thought my pressure was gone only to find
out after an engine swap that the sender was faulty.  You can pick up an
inexpensive mechanical gauge at your local parts house with plastic tube.  I
unscrewed the sender from the oil line and with the proper adapter fitting
hooked up the plastic tube which had a compression fitting.  Surprise the
oil pressure ther all along.

Bill