RE: 1969 LOW oil pressure

To: "James" <Jamesjf@usa.net>, "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: 1969 LOW oil pressure
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 97 11:09:13 -0400
Hello??? James

>Aloha Larry!!!!!!
>
>Thanks for the reply on the oil pressure problem.I just wanted to confirm
>my diagnoses of the problem.I have a couple of more questions on the
>subject,Moss sells main bearing kits from std. to .040 over . Which one do
>i use ? And remove oil pan and pull off each main bearing one at a time and
>replace bearing?I have not done any work to the MG from the cylinder head
>down.
>
>Mahalo
>

>James

If you aren't going to do the whole engine use the std bearings. And yes
pull the pan and replace them one at a time. The front maybe
problematical as, in my experience, it is used for shaft positioning and
has a thrust washer included, which can be replaced in the same fashion
as the bearings turn the old out, turn the new in. Lubricate. Long term -
pull the engine.