Re: aaaah, what's that noise?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, Tyson Sherman <tsherman@tecinfo.com>
Subject: Re: aaaah, what's that noise?
From: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 1997 19:56:00 -0700
Tyson,
        Well, a few weeks ago I got a clatter from my truck that seemed to be
coming
from the shifter.  I thought the nise was from inside the gearbox, and checked
fluid,
u-joints, and rear end without any signs of what the problem might be.  I
checked all
of the bolts on the tranny and drained the fluid from it.  I expected to see a
chunked-up piece of metal, but could find none.  Then I checked my shifter
knob.  It
was loose.  To think, I almost swapped trannies for a stupid shifter knob!
You shouldn't have to worry, with a new engine.  Anyway, before you panic,
check for
loose, stupid parts.
--
Michael S. Lishego