ABCD - San Antonio

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: ABCD - San Antonio
From: Carol <car@texas.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 00:46:45 -0500
And a great time was had by all...

All British Car Day was today. It was held in Castroville, an Alsatian
community about 20 miles west of San Antonio. Great turnout! Great for San
Antonio.

The star of the show, IMO, was an Austin Mini. It was soooo cute! And
detailed soooo nicely. It did not secure the "best of show" trophy, but it
did get 1st for the 60's bunch.

I was pleased and surprised to see as many cars as were there... There were
15 or more Triumphs, two Jags, the Mini, and about twenty MGs.  The bug-eye
sprites were pretty cute, too. One drove in from Houston, after reading my
post here. That was way cool....

There was a nice fun rallye in place for those who wanted to run it. The
route was in the "hill country" surrounding Medina Lake. Pretty country.

Darlin' developed this "noise" that sounds like somebody tossin' a metal
trashcan lid around under the bonnet. Appears that it's the generator -- or
part of it. I need to get out the books. And she developed a "slip" in 4th
gear. Oh yea!! And Fall GOF is in Conroe (NE of Houston) in two weeks. I
don't think she'll be going to that one... Neither will I at this rate.

Carol