76 MG-B

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 76 MG-B
From: HGlenBetts@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 13:23:52 -0400 (EDT)

     IT'S ALIVE!!!

After installing new electronic for distributor and changing fuel pump
(again) the pumpkin started right up. Keep in mind that I pulled this out of
a barn with 1984 plates on it. All new electrical, I rebuilt
distributor,carburator, fuel pump.

It was a bitter sweet rebirth as it suffered some birth defects. Is there a
Doctor in the house??

1- No exceleration.. Single Zenith-Stromberg 175CD with water choke missing
and no manual choke in place. Yes the peddle is moving the butterfly but I
have no idea what else is going on inside this strange brittish appliance.

2- No Clutch.. Clutch peddle pumps up and down but can not shift into gear.
Should there be preasure build up when pumping? Can the hydrolic line be
bled? I can shift through the gears when the engine is not running.

3- After bleeding the brakes, it takes a few presses to get any pressure in
the peddle, this is with the engine running. After letting it set a few
moments, the peddle is gone again. Any thoughts?

With your help I'll take my first drive in a LBC later this week.

Glen

in sunny Milford, Michigan

76 MG-B (on the road before first snow.. if I get brakes/clutch/exceleration)