RE: ANSA header

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: ANSA header
From: <larry.g.unger@lmco.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 20:35:19 -0400
A. B. Bonds wrote:

> JetHot is a unique process and is rather better than porcelainizing,
> which is probably what your chum was thinking of. The outfit is in
> Arizona I believe and they advertise in Hemmings Motor News.  I
> don't think you can get it done elsewhere.

I found 'Jet Hot's add in Hemmings Motor News and they have a web
site ...  http://www.jet-hot.com ... so I snagged the following:

  "Almost any part can be coated and the possibilities aren't just
   limited to exaust pieces. Steel, stainless steel, cast iron and
   aluminum can all easily be coated. Intake manifolds are very
   popular and can even be done with a special thermal barrier
   coating on the underside to help keep engine heat from getting
   up into your carb. Suspension parts and accessories are also
   frequently coated, and unlike the old porcelain you might think
   of when you hear "ceramic", the JET-HOT coating is so flexible,
   even springs can be treated with JET-HOT."

Hmmm .... intake manifolds ... hey, I bet a 'Jet-Hot' coated heat
sheild would be great!

In their Hemmings ad they also mention a 'Thermal Dissipation
Coating' ... "On oil pans JET HOT's TDC reduces oil temperatures
by increasing head exhange surface area."

Safety Fast! ... larry.g.unger@lmco.com
'61 MGA 1600 MkII