Re: Interesting things that happen to me

To: William Killeffer <wkilleff@moccasun.utc.edu>
Subject: Re: Interesting things that happen to me
From: Gregory Kirk <gkirk@empirenet.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 09:21:01 -0700
Bill Killeffer wrote about his saga trying to find just the right LBC...

I guess I was much luckier than you.  After my jeep was totaled, a
friend of mine VERY GENEROUSLY offered to lend me his Mk 1 Midget.  It's
definitely a project car, but it ran.  I fell in love with the dang
thing, even though it needed (and still needs) paint, bodywork and a new
interior.

A few months later he decided it was time to sell it, between the new
baby and his American Iron he didn't have enough time and money.  I'm
now the proud owner of a Mk1 Midget,  if I can only get the finances in
order enough to start a decent restoration I'll be in great shape, but
in the mean time I take it out on short jaunts to the store and on the
backroads up in the mountains where I live.  It's great taking turns in
the Midget at speeds that would roll the pickup truck..  Reminds me of
why I fell in love with that car, unlike all the various cars I've
driven before (Including a breif spin in a Nissas turbo 300 zx) this car
was a real joy.  Everything else is just transportation.  The MG is a
car.

Greg

Greg