Re: radiator cap for MGA

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: radiator cap for MGA
From: Lane Rollins <laner@teleport.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 09:37:19 -0700
>I have a 59 MGA. I put a container on the radiator overflow thinking I
>could convert it to a sealed system. One month later I have an overflow
>filled with a quart of antifreeze and a low radiator. I guess cap is
>only letting air back in and not creating a vacume to draw fluid back
>into the radiator. Does anyone know the correct cap to use? A name and
>model would be great. Thanks, Mike

How about something like this.... Get an expansion tank from a rubber
bumper car and run the over flow into it, then put atleast say 7lb cap on
it, maybe 13lbs. It needs to be the cap for a B not the A, the lengths are
different Then replace the cap on top of your radiator with a blanking cap
like the one found on the top of a MGC.

Note: I havn't tried this.... But that's how the C's are setup.

Lane