Re: Wire Wheels...

To: "Mike Lishego" <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>, "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Wire Wheels...
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 97 16:20:31 -0400
>I'd like to thank Doug, Ed, Bruce and Andy for their advice, as well as
>anyone else
>who's sending me info...I'd eventually like to drive my car from PA to NC,
>and even
>though steel wheels would make the trip without a problem, I'd rather do
>it in
>style...Right now, I'm seriously considering sending one of my better sets
>out to
>British Wire Wheel to have them rebuilt.  If I do, I'll let y'all kow how
>they come
>out.  Once again, thanks for the reassurance!
>--
>Michael S. Lishego
>St. Andrews Presbyterian College
>Elementary Education Major,
>English Minor, Class of 1999
>R.A. of Winston-Salem Hall
Mike,
I am not sure where in PA you are but if you read the Midget on Skyline
story of August you'll know that is what I did, Drove the Midget from PA
to NC and back. All on Wires, with no spare in the boot. No room I had to
carry the camping stuff. I added air once, shortly after we took off,
because of the load. Other than that no problems with the tires or wheels
on the whole trip - 1900 miles. If you go make sure you do Skyline and
the Blue Ridge you'll never forget it, or forgive yourself if you miss it.

Larry Macy
78 Midget (4 wires - no spare, 19K and still no extra air)