odds n sods

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: odds n sods
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 18:15:49 EDT
Is it only me, or are we more numerous......i am having a hell of a job
keeping up with the mail volume - possibilities of going postal if (as
appears to be the case) the cat thread does a lazarus manoevre!

I rented a pickup truck on saturday and toodled off to collect the bits
and pieces i bought last week - rear end for the 69, seems great - am
having it installed this week (yes i know - but i just about have time to
read the mail let alone put a bloody rear end in and not screw it up)
The engine/gearbox combination also seems fine, looks to have been
rebuilt, or at least had a new head since head is ported and the gasket
hasnt leaked! but the whole lot is in original red, has all the bolt ons
including an original type oil filter (which i havnt seen many of for
years)
will look it over but i think it should be a straight switchof the whole
gubbins into the 72 provided i can prove to myself that it is likely to
work!!!

Anyone need a full 69 front end??

BTW-Have you ever tried to load an engine into a truck? - nuff said.....

Went to Manchester on Sunday in company with all the notables David
mentioned earlier and a few others....an excellent show in glorious
weather,
David omitted to mention that he was leading the convoy on the way up and
that  we were going so fast that we needed a mole grip to pry our fingers
off the steering wheels! - heck, Rich Boris looked like he'd had a
facelift when we arrived!!!
I was in an interesting class - early bs - of which 5 of the 7 cars were
GTs-  only two chrome bumper roadsters - all very nice cars but a dollar
to a pinch of shit mine was the only one that gets used regularly!! - i
was chatting with one chap who had spent 10 years restoring his GT - it
was immaculate but he said he was looking for another car to actually
drive!! (teeth went 2/3rds of the way through tongue but live and let
live....)

more later

mike robson
69 roadster