Re: New MG + Winery Tour - Portland, Or

To: "Wild Bill" <modela31a@empnet.com>
Subject: Re: New MG + Winery Tour - Portland, Or
From: Lane Rollins <laner@teleport.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 16:09:45 -0700
>Hello, fellow MG folk.
>I just found this list.
>I've got a '51, right hand drive, TD sitting out in my garage that's been
>under blankets, etc., for almost 20 years.
>That was when I restored it for my wife, Annie, who has since been struck
>with MS.
>We've been out on the end of a dirt road here in Oregon since '77.
>Prior to that, she drove it about 100 miles in Colo. Springs.
>Periodically, I turn the engine over a few times with the hand crank. Tho',
>I must admit, I've been lax the these last few years.
>I'm hoping this list will give me some incentive to drag the thing back out
>and see how it's doing.
>I have a (very) few parts, too, if anyone is interested.
>Wild Bill

Were abouts in Oregon do you live? It supposed to be beautiful in the
Portland area this weekend, get the car out and drive it! I've even got the
event for you, Saturday I'm hosting the annual MG clubs winery tour. We
will be meeting at Cascade Plaza/Burlington Coat Factory at 10:30am on
Saturday and will leave AT 11am. We'll take some back roads up to Bald Peak
State Park for a picnic lunch, you provide your own lunch. Then we venture
back down into the valley to hit three wineries ending up down towards
Salem. The wineries this year will be Argyle, Sokol Blosser and Cristom. We
usually get 20-30 cars on the event... and we usually don't harass the
people to much if they bring the family car. Yes, other british cars are
welcome also, it's not uncommon to a Jag, Triumph, or Morgan.

No excuses for those in the Portland area for not attending!!

Cheers, Lane