Re: enthusiasts?

To: robert williford <RDWILLI@VM.SC.EDU>
Subject: Re: enthusiasts?
From: Tom Shirley <tshirley@VoyagerOnline.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 22:12:14 -0400
>  while one or two of the group were quite friendly
>  and helpful in terms of advice, most looked down their noses at my
>  poor specimen of an mgb.

Hi Robert,

This thing we're all in is supposed to be about cars, right. But
unfortunately, some folks use it as an opportunity for posturing.
They're beyond impressing the young beautiful woman and turn to their
car, spending money to achieve a level of perfection that is unnecessary
to everyone, save their inflated egos. I've seen it in all types of
automobile clubs. Don't worry about the people who look down their
noses. They're not worth the energy required to acknowledge that they
exist. Have fun with your car and seek out the people who can become
friends and enjoy the cars with you.

My 71 Midget has red hi-lo cut house carpet on the drivers side and the
rest of the carpet is old, stock and black. And if anyone with a 100
point car doesn't like it, they can just get over it. I drive the car,
work on it, enjoy it and have modified it from it's original design with
a 5 speed Datsun tranny, wider Vega wheels, wide tires, no bumpers,
racing stripes. Can't you just hear the purists heaving. Well, too bad,
it's my car and I'll do with it whatever I please. I'm looking at a
Spitfire GT6/Roadster project next. More heaving. BTW, I'm 53.

Hang in there, and don't sell the LBC. You'll regret it.

. Tom Shirley                                     .
. Sale Creek, TN (just north of Chattanooga)      .
. 72 Datsun 510 2 dr (the race car)               .
. 71 MG Midget                                    .
. http://www.Geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/5848   .