Re: wire wheel balancing

To: robert weeks <robert@woozy.com>
Subject: Re: wire wheel balancing
From: Arthur Pfenninger <ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 19:07:32 -0400 (EDT)
        Mount them yourself. After the first one you should be able to do
one in about 15 minutes or less. Get a set of tire irons or make them out
of an old leaf spring. Put the small size of the rim in first. Inflate the
tube with air (this is how you determine which way the tube goes since you
have a 50 50 chance of getting the stem in backwards) Then let most of the
air out and put the tube in the tire. Put some liquid soap on the tire
edge and work around with the tire irons (you need 2). Be careful not to
pinch the tube. It's just like a bicycle only a little harder because the
tire is thicker.
...Art