Re: Right Hand Drive

To: The Richards <smrm@coastalnet.com>
Subject: Re: Right Hand Drive
From: Chip Old <fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 20:37:22 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 18 Sep 1997, The Richards wrote:

> My Land-Rover is rhd, and most of the looks we get are a double takes as the
> first impression is that my border collie is driving. In an L-R not much
> passing is undertaken, and you can see over most cars in any event. Since
> the L-R has such a leggy shifter, I had no problems adjusting to left hand
> shifting as opposed to a B (each hand just 'trains' itself).
>   Fast food drive throughs are a problem, however. . .I haven't had much
> luck training the dog to handle this job.

T-Types are narrow enough so going through a drive-in line isn't so bad -
unless the left hand side curtain is up.  Back when an MG-YA Saloon was my
daily driver, I would occasionally back through.

Chip Old                      1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland            1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO (daily driver)
fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us