Time to put the engine/tranny in the "A"

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Time to put the engine/tranny in the "A"
From: bk996@freenet.carleton.ca (Eric R. Stephen)
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 09:02:56 -0400 (EDT)
***********************************
Hello all!

Well the engine and tranny arrive tomorrow.  As you may recall, there was
a clutch problem (toast).  While out, it was obvious that the transmission
should also be rebuilt (~116,000 mi.).  Every gasket and seal that could
be replaced was replaced.  Also had the engine degreased and painted up.
While out I also scraped and scoured the engine compartment (castrol
Superclean) and repainted.

The original manual suggested 10W30 engine oil for the tranny.  Is this still
the recommended lubricant?  I'm running Castrol 20W50 in the engine.  Still
waiting on some parts from Moss for the clutch slave cylinder rebuild.  Hope
they
arrive soon as I would really like to get the A out for a few more trips
before the snow starts to fly!

The friend who has been helping me with this is due back from British
Invasion VII, (Stowe, VT) and I'm looking forward to the trip report.
Thanks to all who have replied to my pleas for help.  For a newbie, it
made the opportunity quite a bit easier.  Sometimes you just need a monitor
to lean on.

Cheers,

--
         ' ' '          Great is the truth and mighty above all things;
      (  o   o )        It endureth and is always strong;