Re: car owning history

To: Nory@webtv.net, owner-mgs@Autox.Team.Net, miker15@juno.com
Subject: Re: car owning history
From: DGeis@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 02:17:55 -0400 (EDT)
All right you've brought me out of the closet for the first time in a year or
two of monitoring this list.  Us O.F.'s may not have long lists, but we do
have items that are a bit different.  (Note LBC content at bottom of page)
 Here's my list:

1928 Chevrolet $25.  Converted it to a driving range golf ball picker-upper.
                      Maybe its still there.
1930 Essex coupe $50. Good car.  Dinged it up on the test drive so I had to
take it.
          Parked it on the street and went off to the Korean war.

1930 Hupmobile coupe.  About $60.  A real quality car.  Sold for $50.
1930 Lincoln Limosine $100.  Reputed to have belonged to Rockefeller family.

1930 Lincoln  Deluxe V8 Sedan.  Parts car for Limo., included in the deal.
 Sold both                        for $200.
1932 Buick Coupe.  $75.  Rumble seat converted to a beer cooler.  Can't
remember      what happened top it.
1938 Plymouth $100.  Threw a rod.  Traded the car for the $35 tow bill.
1948 Ford.  Gift from my brother because he didn't like all the wrinkles in
the top      after he rolled it.  Coasted it down hill to scrap yard, got $25
for 4 good      tires and a spot light.
1953 Dodge V8.  About $650.  Totaled near Albany, Oregon.
1958 Chevy.  $1995.  First new car!
1967 Mercury Cougar.  $2800 (?)  What a piece of junk!  Last American car
owned.
1972 Saab 99.  $3,200.  Great car, but hell to repair.
1980 VW Rabbit.  Can't recall the price.  Another piece of garbage.
1990 Honda Accord.  $15,000 about.  Great car.
1953 MGTD.  Paid $1,000 some years ago.  Currently in sick bay waiting for an
     operating room so it can be well again.

I TOLD you not to get me started!

Dave G.