Re: 1500 Bottom End Rebuild

To: MG <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: 1500 Bottom End Rebuild
From: Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 10:59:33 -0400
Ulix,
        Yes, that's what I've been thinking.  Fortunately, I'm past the
stage of adding up the cost of restoration - it went out the window a
couple of months ago.  Now I'm into the "Economics 101" mode of thinking =
-
all expenses prior to today are what's known as "Sunk Costs", meaning don=
't
worry about them, they're history.  What we have today is this:  if I don=
't
sink in another hundred bucks, the car will soon develop crankshaft
problems that will require unbelievable back breaking, soul destroying,
marriage breaking, credit card black doom, nightmare scenarios.  Then
again, it might be good fun!
        Let me ponder it some more. =

Regards,   Adrian

Message text written by Ulix Goettsch
>Adrian,
do it now, before the "death rattle" at startup develops.  For the record=
,
my buddy changed the rod bearings on his Spit 1500, the death rattle
remained even though the crank didn't look too bad.  Changing out rod and=

main bearings now might be the ticket.

Ulix (lots of rattles, none terminal)
<