Re: Easy way to prime rebuilt engine

To: tedtsimx@bright.net, jape@email.unc.edu
Subject: Re: Easy way to prime rebuilt engine
From: Teacher122@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 15:43:27 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-09-23 22:37:28 EDT, tedtsimx@bright.net writes:

<< have everything ready to run. remove the distributor, run the oil pump
 with a drillto build up pressure.  drop in the sitirb. and you should

If this is a B that we are talking about, it appears to me that in order to
turn the oil pump through the distributor opening, one would end up having to
turn over the complete engine assembly as everything is interconnected
through the camshaft.  I hope that your drill is blessed with mucho torque.
 I'm not saying that it isn't possible, it just doesn't seem to be the most
efficient route.

Mr. Green
1979 MGB