SU Service

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: SU Service
From: "David Stecher" <DavidAndMichelleS@classic.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 97 19:55:29 UT
Sorry if this posts twice but had problems.

I need some advice please.

After paying people on a few occasions to "service" my SU carbs, I have
decided that I would like to educate myself on the operation and service of
the quirky little things that feed our favorite engines.  My questions are as
follows....

1)  So far I have located two books in the catalogs.  The Haynes SU Workshop
Manual and the SU Carburetors - Tuning Tips and Techniques.  Which one is
better?  Are there any others?

If you have one of these and you recommend it please pass along the ISBN
number that can usually be found by the bar code.  My wife works for the
largest book distributor in the USA and can get books at wholesale.

2)  Is the SU Carb Rebuild Video worth getting?  seems to me if I can put in a
tape and actually follow along it might be a good investment.  Has anyone
tried this?  In the Moss catalog right under the SU video is a video on an
engine rebuild.  How about this one?

Thanks in advance for your help!

David Stecher
Urbandale IA
73 MGBGT (ferggie)
86 Buick Century (only 86,000 mi)
95 Ford Windstar (wife just scraped the deck with this one.  getting
estimates.
                            I built the deck...it just fine)