Re: SU Service

To: DavidAndMichelleS@classic.msn.com
Subject: Re: SU Service
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 08:52:47 EDT
Hi Dave,
  Having used the MG workshop manual alone, I'd say that's sufficient for
an ordinary rebuild/replacement of wear parts. If the shaft is worn,
that's machine-shop work.
  I got the video tape. It's interesting but not at all necessary. Your
MG club may have one in its library. You will only watch it a couple of
times.
  SUs are, IMHO, not quirky. I'll play with a single-jet, one or two
moving parts carb anytime in preference to a 227 part Rochester with
progressive linkage.  Someone who can't figure out the SU may have
started the "quirky" excuse, but it's just not true. You can do it.
Bob