Re: Snakes alive! (and bees!)

To: RJohn50603@aol.com
Subject: Re: Snakes alive! (and bees!)
From: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 00:23:03 -0700
RJohn50603@aol.com wrote:

> Well, I just went out to move my MGB to the garage for the night and saw a
> three foot long snake disappear up under the rear suspension.
>
> Think I'll leave the car out tonight. It's going to be a bit cool so he'll
> probably stay put until tomorrow. Anyone know what snake is a medium brown
> with green markings? I didn't feel like reaching up there and seeing if I
> could grab him. I think he's up above and front of the gas tank. The battery
> boxes are within easy reach. Thank goodness the lid is a good fit.
> Hopefully, we won't meet on the freeway going to work tomorrow.

Non-LBC content, but somehow related in the grand scheme of life:

My S-10 has a very nice sunroof in it, the kind you can take the glass out of
for a
"targa-like" effect.  For quite a few days in PA this summer, we were without
rain,
the perfect opportunity to go roofless.  I would park my truck in my parent's
garage,
then drive to work with the glass riding shotgun. The glass would stay out all
day, letting my interior bake.  One morning, I began to drive to work when I
was
surrounded by a swarm of bees, and subsequently stung multiple times.  I found
the
edge of the road and ran around like an idiot for a few minutes.  Perplexed as
to the
bees' method of entering a truck at 60mph, I began to look around the interior.

Between the headliner and the passenger's side sun visor, there was a small
nest of
bees that had taken up residence during my days at work.  A golf club cleared
them
out in a pinch.  So, go figure.  At least a litter of kittens weren't born on
my new
bucket seats!  8-)
--
Michael S. Lishego