Re: can't get started

To: ggraham@edcen.ehhs.cmich.edu
Subject: Re: can't get started
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 21:30:38 EDT
 With the fuel lines disconnected from the carbs, check for any obvious
obstruction in the banjo connections. See if there is a little
thimble-shaped screen in there; it might be clogged.
 More likely, though, is that the needle valve is stuck up. A shot of
carb cleaner down the fuel line connection hole will loosen it, and the
large tap you give it with the plastic handle of a large screwdriver will
free it up.
  Many believe that the gasoline of the 90s is more prone to gumming up
than the stuff of dirtier-air days. Maybe so, maybe no, but this sounds
like a stuck needle valve from stale gasoline.

Bob