Re: Javelin Jupiter

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Javelin Jupiter
From: "A. B. Bonds" <ab@vuse.vanderbilt.edu>
Date: 26 Sep 1997 11:05:02 -0500
In <19970926154130.AAA20138@LOCALNAME>, Mojo wrote:
>Has anyone ever heard of a Javelin Jupiter ?  I'm going to see a '51 next
>week.  Owner may be willing to part.  But I haven't a clue what it is (other
>than British).

Sure that wasn't a Jowett?  They made a Jupiter in that time frame, a
_very_ interesting car.  They went out of business because production
costs exceeded what they could get for the car.  After WW2, folks
would buy anything due to pent-up demand, but as production elsewhere
ramped up, Jowett folded.
                                A. B. Bonds