Head gasket-which way is up?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Head gasket-which way is up?
From: Teacher122@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 1997 13:16:40 -0400 (EDT)
I need an immediate response to the question of which way my head gasket
should go.  It is a FAI International gasket that has blue asbestos on one
side and metal on the other side.  It is not marked "front or top" or
anything.  It has universal holes and thus can be flipped over without
blocking any passages.  The cylinders are surrounded with metal.  I currently
have it on asbestos side up.  If you've dealt with any head gaskets similar
to this one, please respond.  Thanks in advance for help that you may offer.

Tom Green
1979 MGB