Re: Clutch

To: brallier@twd.net
Subject: Re: Clutch
From: mgb.roadster@juno.com (Larry A Hoy)
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 21:20:15 -0600
Jeff and Craig, one thing you guys should check is all the clutch
mechanical linkage.  There are about four, maybe more, spots where you
can expect wear in the linkage.  Check where the clutch pedal pivots, and
check the linkage to the clutch master cylinder.  Also check the rod with
the eye in it that comes out of the slave cylinder; and the fork that
actuates the throw out bearing.  These spots have a tendency to wear, the
pivot holes get egg shaped instead of round and the pins tend to wear
also.  The sum total of the wear causes the pedal movement to be less
than adequate.

Good luck.

Larry Hoy (MGB.Roadster@juno.com)
Denver, CO USA
1969 MGB Roadster
1987 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas
===============================

On Sun, 28 Sep 1997 09:33:17 -0700 "Craig H. Brallier" <brallier@twd.net>
writes:
>Jeff Boatright wrote:
>>
>> My clutch seems to be releasing just as I bring my foot back from the
full
>> extension of the pedal travel (that is, the gear seems to be fully
engaged
>> almost as soon as I begin to pull my foot back from the firewall).
I've
>> just installed a new clutch line and bled the system. Prior to this,
the
>> engaging of the gear was much smoother and seemed to require much more
>> pedal travel. Could this new "feel" be due to air in the lines?
Conversely,