Re: Still exhausted

To: ggraham@edcen.ehhs.cmich.edu, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Still exhausted
From: "Jerry Causey" <reecau@whidbey.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 20:57:01 +0800
It's very simple! To quote the Haynes manual, "To refit, reverse the removal
procedure." They neglect to mention this may take an hour or so (per nut).
Seriously, they suggest starting all the nuts, then tightening the "front
fixings," whichever those may be, followed by all the rest, "working from front
to rear." I assume that means the rear of the car.

Oh yes, and while I'm thinking of it,  I believe we decided last year that the
metal side of the sealing rings on the downpipes should face away from the
engine/manifold, toward the muffler.

Regards,
Jerry Causey
'67 MGB GT