Re: Seatbelts

To: robert weeks <robert@woozy.com>
Subject: Re: Seatbelts
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 12:44:09 -0700 (PDT)
On Mon, 29 Sep 1997, robert weeks wrote:
> I've done a lot of looking around and comparison shopping and the best
> belts I have found for the money are the "Vintage Style 3 Point Seatbelts"
> which are shown in the Moss Accessory catalogue for $39.95.
>
> Has anyone tried these. Reactions/experiences good or bad?? Found
> something better? Please let me know.

I have two of these in my car.  They work OK, but I have found that you
constantly have to readjust them depending on what you wear.  IMO, they
need to be pretty snug to keep you from headbutting the windshield frame
in case of an accident.
If you get lazy and don't tighten them up every time, they are pretty much
worthless I think.

I have another problem.  Due to a transmission leak, my carpets were oil
soaked (great floor board rust protection).  The belt falls down on the
floor next to the seat where it absorbs some oil and then soils your
clothes the next time you wear it.  I have tried twice to get the oil off
- unsuccessfully.
So now I want a retractable belt.  Anyone know where to get one for under
$90 ?  (Not from the junkyard).

                                                           '67 Sprite