Re: TC Fuel Level Light

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TC Fuel Level Light
From: skillman@clark.net (Robert Skillman)
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 22:09:40 -0400
>Does anyone have a completely dry fuel low level transmitter inserted
>into their TC fuel tank ? I believe the TD may have the same system
>transmitter in it's tank. We have tried two different new units and both

-Lindsey:  The fuel sender is supposed to be full of fuel!  Stupid design
and always a problem.  three places to leak; 1 sender to tank gasket, 2
cover plate on sender, and 3 electric contact post on top of unit.  1 and 2
can normaly be fixed with cork (not neoprene) gasket and suitable sealer.
3 is more trouble: try cork gasket or small neoprene o rings.  Biggest pain
is draining and refilling the fuel tank each time you try a remedy.  I
would personaly work on the electrical post first and test by blowing
comprssed air where the fuel float rod enters the unit.  This saves putting
it on and off the tank.  If all else fails fill the entire unit with a non
gas and alcohol soluble sealer and use a stick to check fuel level, which
you normaly need anyway.

Bob Skillman 47TC, 59MGA twin cam