Stuck vernier (vacuum unit) on distributor

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Stuck vernier (vacuum unit) on distributor
From: bk996@freenet.carleton.ca (Eric R. Stephen)
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 12:45:15 -0400 (EDT)
***********************************
In reassembling the engine (putting the distributor back in) I noticed that
the vacuum adjusting vernier is seized and the vacuum unit itself will not
budge.  I suspect that this is not a good thing since there is a vacuum
advance line running from the distributor to the rear carb.  Can this be fixed
without ordering a new distributor?  If so, does anyone have
any suggestions on what to use and how to do it? The car is a 1960 MGA 1600
Roadster. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

--
         ' ' '          Great is the truth and mighty above all things;
      (  o   o )        It endureth and is always strong;