Gas Tank Leak and Distributer Vacuum Unit

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Gas Tank Leak and Distributer Vacuum Unit
From: Jamey Harris <jameyh@charles.stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 11:11:38 -0700 (PDT)
Hi, I've just re-subscribed after being out of the country for over a
month.  When I got back my '79B had a gas tank leak.  Can that be fixed
or do I need a new tank?  Also, it's been overheating and I've just
noticed that the line from the distributer vacuum unit is disconnected.
My manual says it goes to the carbuerator, but it looks like it should
connect up near the brake and clutch master cylinders.  I can't find any
pictures that show it.  Where does this connect?  I assume this will
screw up my timing, and may have something to do with the overheating
problem.  Any thoughts or advice will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jamey Harris
San Carlos, CA
79B