Re: TD brake lights solved! / WD 40

To: BobMGT@aol.com
Subject: Re: TD brake lights solved! / WD 40
From: Wayne Kube <wkube@iadfw.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 1997 21:47:35 -0500
BobMGT@aol.com wrote:

> BTW whatever WD 40 has in it, it is VERY FLAMMABLE. A friend of
> mine found this out the hard way. (It says so on the lable, but who read
> lables?) Be careful.
>
> Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)

Yes, it is flammable enough that you can use it as starting fluid for a
lawnmower with water in the gas tank.  Been there, done that.  In fact,
without any fuel in the tank, you can run the mower engine just by
keeping a continuous spray of WD-40 going into the intake.  The problem
is getting someone to run along side the mower with a large can of WD-40
while you push the mower to cut the grass..... ;')

LBC content - I suppose you could use this technique on an MG to
determine if a starting problem is fuel or ignition related.

--
Wayne Kube
Plano, TX