Re: TD brake lights solved! / WD 40

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TD brake lights solved! / WD 40
From: BobMGT@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 23:12:16 -0400 (EDT)

<< >Yes, I cleaned and soaked my old switch and it worked. Don't use WD 40
 >as it contains water and will corrode again. I also purchased a new
 >switch just in case.

 Hello?

 Contains water?

 The spray is mostly light hydrocarbons, with a little graphite and
 other non-volatile stuff.  It can leave a residue.

 However, the "WD" means "water displacing".  It's meant to dry out
 ignition wires, etc.  No water here.

                        A. B. Bonds

BTW whatever WD 40 has in it, it is VERY FLAMMABLE. A friend of
mine found this out the hard way. (It says so on the lable, but who read
lables?) Be careful.

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - still in shop 23 months and counting AMGBA #96-12029