Re: Clutch hydraulics

To: Debra A Morrow <kaliphi@tabletoptelephone.com>
Subject: Re: Clutch hydraulics
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 1997 22:26:48 +0100
Debra A Morrow wrote:

> I've rebuilt the slave cyl and am trying to bleed the air out of the
> system.  I am pumping the clutch and the bleeder valve is spurting but
> it seems to suck the air back each time the clutch is pushed.  What am I
> doing wrong?

Hi Desert Rat,

On the down stroke you have to close the bleeder screw.

It's one of those two person deals. Close the bleeder then have the leg
man pump several times and hold. Open the bleeder, fluid squirts out,
close bleeder.

Repeat.

Mind the resivior(sp?) so it don't go dry.

With a length of 2x4 and some creativity it's a one person job.

Bob Allen, Kansas City