Picklestein Lives-Kinda-Clutch Problems

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Picklestein Lives-Kinda-Clutch Problems
From: Teacher122@aol.com
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 1997 23:31:36 -0400 (EDT)
     After spending the whole day chasing an electrical problem that turned
into a carb
problem, Picklestein is running like a clock.  Unfortunately,  he is also
sitting in the garage like a clock.
     For some reason, the clutch is not releasing.  A visual check shows that
the slave cylinder is extending about an inch and a half.  Looking inside of
the bellhousing, I can see that the splines(spings) on the pressure plate
appear to be depressed sufficiently.  I assume that just 1/4 to 1/2 inch more
would free up the clutch.  I've bled the clutch so much that the Red Cross
has been at my door.  What might i have missed?
Tom Green
1979 MGB