Re: Electrical Question

To: "bill and penny meyer" <pplusb@northlink.com>
Subject: Re: Electrical Question
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 00:04:50 -0700
At 06:01 PM 10/5/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Lost all power, but not suddenly.  Pulling plug wires at the
>distributor, either of two will cause the engine to falter.  Pulling
>either of the other has no effect, BUT - when the end of that wire is
>held close to its socket in the distributor cap, some rather
>righteous sparks start jumping.  What does this mean?  Had to go
>somewhere, so did not get any further in my investigations.

Sounds like a carb problem to me.  My guess is one of your float needles is
stuck and two cylinders are being starved of fuel.  Pull a plug wire on one
of them and it makes no difference, pull a wire for one of the two cylinders
being properly fed fuel and it'll die.  Been there.......
  Ross MacPherson
 1947 MG-TC 3528
 1966 MGB-GT