RE: British Motor Industries Heritage Museum

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: British Motor Industries Heritage Museum
From: Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com (KILE, PAUL D)
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 07:08:56 -0700
I can highly recommend this museum for a visit while in the UK.  I met
up with Paul Hunt (another contributor to this list) and Kelvin Fagan
(of Cambridge and District MG Club fame) in July, and spent a whole day
there.

If you are a true LBC fanatic, you WILL need a whole day there. We spent
over an hour in the engines gallery, gaping at all the prototype and
one-off engines that BMC/BL/Austin Rover/Rover Group worked on.  Did you
know there was a SOHC version of the A-series engine, and it had a smog
pump as well!

The cars were also amazing.  We saw all the Rover turbine cars. We saw
both the EX 135 and EX 179 MG record breakers (EX 181 was off visiting
somewhere).  Also the last MGB and GT ever built.  Minis, Triumphs,
Jags, Healeys, ad infinitum.  Also, a whole wall that featured nothing
but Lucas parts from 1870 to the present!  I'm surprised they didn't
have a fire supression system trained on that wall...

A must see location on your next UK trip!

Cheers, PK