Austin Tx: ABCD

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Austin Tx: ABCD
From: Carol <car@texas.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 1997 02:28:09 -0500
Better late than never I suppose....

All British Car Day was held in Austin on Sept. 28. Since I'm still new to
"wow" events, I was pretty impressed with the showing down here...

Ninety-six cars were present and accounted for. This figure didn't take
into account the more frugal drivers who didn't put their cars in the
field, but in the free parking lot, instead... There must have been 10-12
more parked in the lot.

Lotsa' representation. ... MGT-series, MGA's (the most Darlin's seen since
in one place before or since GT22!), MGBs, Truiumphs, Healys, the
newly-restored, show stoppin' Mini (you'll just have to come down  here to
see it -- beautiful little car), Jaguars, several Rolls Royces, Sprites,
Midgets, no Morgans (???), and other marques that I'm probably forgetting...

The show was fun, if a bit warm out in the sun. The location was Zilker
Park in Austin -- a beautiful place to spend the day...

Since I'm still way behind on the "learning curve" regarding the various
British Cars, it was great to see so many different cars in one place...
easier to compare the likenesses and differences of the different marques.
It was a learning experience...

The new Austin MG club was out in force. The first club meeting was held
two weeks ago and there are already over 60 members!! Pretty good
showing.... The Austin Triumph club organized and hosted the event.

If I've omitted anything or printed errata, I hope someone will correct
me.... But, I wanted to pass on the info... I still think 96 cars was great
for here. AND I didn't think there were 96 running Brit cars in Texas!! ;-)
 There must be at least 108.

Great show. Great people...

Carol