Re: Tachometer

To: "Les Gould" <lesgould@gti.net>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Tachometer
From: "Syd Saperstein" <tcsyd@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 20:08:25 -0700
I had a '67 "BGT and when I redid the tach for neg earth I learned that the
size of the wire loop that goes though the "pickup" sensor block in the
tach was critical.  (It should not make any diff. about pos or neg earth,
it's just that that's what brought me to the subject) If the loop is not
exactly the right length or size the tach will not read accurately and
seemed to read in multiples of the true rpm.  I suggest you check that loop
and how it sits in that little sensor block doohicky (that's a very
technical term I reserve for items electricum)
TTFN
TCSYD