Re: Bolt on Crankshaft Pulley

To: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>, ulix@u.washington.edu
Subject: Re: Bolt on Crankshaft Pulley
From: Carol <car@texas.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 1997 10:42:21 -0500
Time out!!!

I keep reading 1-5/16" here... MY memory has the dimension 1-61/64" stored
in a cell somewhere... I looked all over for a wrench to fit the axle nut,
so the nut and I became quite intimate last winter. Four-wheel-drive socket
fit that goofy nut almost perfectly.

If I have to, I can go dig in the schlock parts box and measure the nut
again...

1-61/64" vs 1-5/16" is about 1/2" diff... a lot for an axle... (note: parts
books are not handy right now... neither is schlock nut)

As I recall, the nut had 8 sides as well... Now this was for war wheels on
an MGA

The front hubs had a castlated nut that we borrowed a socket for at the
parts store. (They really do loan them out here... )

Carol

PS: It's Saturday. It's still raining here. It's been raining in San
Antonio since last Sunday... hurricanes in Mexico are seeding the tropical
storms.  I'm bored. Darlin' is wrapped up in a quilt, car cover and plastic
tarp -- no hood, remember? -- so weekend will be boring. I can sit here and
write e-mail messages alllllll day! ;-)   Scary thought, eh??!

AMGA steak doin's are late this afternoon. Swimming is encouraged! Host
probably meant "swimming encouraged" in his pool. I'm thinkin' we may have
to swim to just get there...