MG 1100/1300

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MG 1100/1300
From: Matt Kulka <Matt.Kulka@hboc.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 1997 18:08:53 -0400
Having to spend a fairly eventless double shift at work today, I've been
cruising the net reading all about the Citroen ID/DS.  A fascinating
car, but you can only read so much about a French Edsel, and so next I
spent quite some time idly researching the MG 1100.  Some of you might
remember I asked for help indentifying this car some months ago, as my
brother and I were reminiscing about the one he had back about '73 or
so.

I'm starting to become charmed by these little critters.  As much as I
enjoy my '74 B, I'm in need of something I can put the three kids in (or
the wife in questionable weather), and it sure looks like a fun little
car.

So once again, I ask the wisdom of the list.  Providing I can find one
of these which still runs, can anyone help with some basics, like:  How
available are parts?  What are some of the annoying (or pleasant) quirks
of these cars?  What would I have to watch out for on initial
inspection?  What am I getting into by putting my family into one of
these on the same roads as child-distracted minvan drivers and SUV
owners who pay more attention to their phone calls than the color of the
traffic lights?

And the most important question:  Am I crazy?

Thanks again in advance.

Matt Kulka
'74 B - with a 1-5/16" headed crankshaft bolt which will be coming out
tomorrow, thank you very much.