untrue rostyle wheels

Subject: untrue rostyle wheels
From: John Steczkowski <stecz@pswtech.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 1997 20:20:04 -0500
Well, I put new tires on my '75 MGB thinking that would end the
vibration problem at 65mph and up, but it didn't. It turns out that at
least one of my wheels is fairly untrue. If I remove the wheel, the
drum/hub appears to be fairly true (I would need a dial gauge to check
it accurately), but when I put a wheel/tire on it you can definitely see
that it's untrue. (I swapped the wheel/tire from the opposite side and
it's much better).

Has anyone had steel wheels trued with any luck?

I will probably end up putting some alloy wheels on it, which I kind of
wanted to do anyway, but now I'll have to do it sooner, especially since
they are cheaper than new rostyles.

Anyone have some mini-lite replicas for sale?

--
John Steczkowski
PSW Technologies, Inc.